Op zoek naar een samenwerking?
Wil jij jouw vacatures op ons platform of zie jij een samenwerking zitten? Contact ons!
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
Growing disease free starting material for our customers for so many crops and varieties on more than 20 locations worldwide is a daily challenge. A global phytosanitary team works closely together with local teams at each location to make this possible. Our internal phytosanitary policy (Greencare policy) forms a strong base for producing virus free material. Next to this the phytosanitary teams work according to our crop protection policy which aims to minimize the use of chemicals and maximize the use of biological products and beneficial insects with the aim to produce disease and pest free starting material.
As a Phytosanitary Officer and part of the global phytosanitary team (called Greencare team) you will work closely together with colleagues of different production farms in Europe, Africa, Americas and Asia. You will advise and train them on hygiene practices, scouting, crop protection schedules, Integrated Pest Management (IPM) schedules and good experimental practices. Daily activities will range from discussions on spray schedules, laboratory results, identification of possible pathogens, implementation of hygiene practices for new or existing crops, IPM practices and carrying out audits.
In this role you will report to the phytosanitary manager. Together with the whole team you will determine the minimum requirements for the hygiene and crop protection policy. This role can be fulfilled from any Dümmen Orange location.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Support production locations on the implementation of the hygiene and crop protection policy.
• Support production locations to carry out trials according to good experimental practices. Support them to analyse the collected data.
• Support production locations in the identification of unknown pests and diseases.
• Analyse scout data and the results of corrective actions taken by the production teams.
• Carrying out phytosanitary audits at the production locations.
• Train the local teams on phytosanitary and crop protection related activities in the field.
• Bachelor or Master Degree Biology, Phytopathology or Horticulture, preferably with experience with scouting, crop protection and/or IPM in ornamentals.
• Able to manage a diversity of activities and communication with production teams.
• Able to work independently and in collaboration with other colleagues inside and outside the Greencare team.
• Analytical and critical mind-set with strong problem solving, practical and pro-active attitude.
• Prepared to travel on a regular base to assigned production locations.
• No nine to five mentality. Prepared to work with colleagues in different time-zones.
• Excellent communication skills within multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
• Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• You live in Europe or are willing to relocate (the Netherlands, Germany, Spain, France or Italy).
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Are you interestedt in the vacature? Respond via Direct Solliciteren.